
R. and I both played baseball/softball as kids. We have fond memories of those times. When we were dating, we both played on the company team and he even organized a bus trip to Dallas to see a Ranger's game. We sat next to each other. Jager may or may not have been consumed. I'm not saying. (: He planned it so that during the 7th inning stretch, he professed his undying love for me. That was 12 years ago. Ever since then, we have always ended every written correspondence with "7". Always. Today, our son had his first ever baseball game. There was a mix up with the uniforms earlier in the week, so the kiddos received them right before the game. A. and I drove separately from the boys and met them by their field. HZ ran up to A. and I and said, "Hey! If you don't know who I am, just look for my number!" and he turned around. I immediately gasped, waterworks commenced, and shot a glance at Rick who was shaking his head and quietly said "I know".
Weird, huh?
1 comment:
Good to know...and I thought the ww when we watched 'Se7en' was over BP's subpar performance! Neat story tho.
Wear it well HZ. Worn by NY Yankee great Mickey Mantle, a hero of mine at your age.
Post a Comment