Saturday, August 27, 2011

Electric Avenue



I'm warning you, this is such a strange but true WT story to share with you my friends. We had a huge lightning storm. Kids were playing at the back of the house while I was texting a friend. As I walked by the front door, lightning struck the tree closest to our home. I felt it come up through my feet, through my chest and out my right hand into the phone. The phone screen lit up bright white. It really did! And yeah, it did not feel pleasant. It felt like a wayyyyyyyy too tight hug in the chest and down my arm. It hurt for a good bit after..a bit heavy and very tingly. I'm telling you this because if I were the one hearing this story, I'd want to know what it felt like. Oh, and there is an electrified dead squirrel at the base of the tree. I thought you would want to know that too. Because that's weird.

Most importantly, the kids were far enough away that they were okay. A. did say that her foot felt funny when it happened but it didn't hurt. HZ was on the couch and didn't feel anything.


1 comment:

rgmsr said...

WOW!...what a shocking story! Sorry:( Anyway, Glad you're okay.
BTW can you see into the future now? Its just that these fees to Ms Cleo are starting to...

Can we see a photo of the squirrel?