Monday, January 11, 2010

Boom, Splat, Kablooey





R's sister (thanks Aunt K!) gave HZ a neat little book entitled "Boom, splat, kablooey" that came with a couple of contraptions to do a few experiments. We had a fun time trying out everything....and thanks to Grandpa for taking all of the pictures! OOops, the pictures ended up in "Boom, Kablooey, splat" order. Oh well!

1) Boom..........vinegar and soda in a closed plastic container......such concentration!

2) My turn....I look so composed yet spazy, while my husband holding a fish net (why?) looks more than a bit tentative about this process.

Oh yeah, the fish tank is out b/c HZ killed 2 fish by giving them an extra "snack" (ahem, 1/2 a can of fish food) while mommy wasn't looking.

3) Kablooey..................B boys and M kids watching the prep for 'mentos in a diet soda bottle' experiment.

4) 3...2....1.............SUCCESS on the third try ( :
The "geyser" went straight up approximately 12 feet in the air.

I'm kidding.

It was impressive though.

5) And the "splat". Try microwaving soap. This is what you'll get!

1 comment:

lil' mama said...

Very fun! I'll have to check this book out once the boys get older.