Friday, May 21, 2010

Bad mommy!

Today was HZ's kindergarten 'water day'. We set up little water/messy stations around and let the kids rotate b/w them. There were bubbles,water balloons, kiddie pools with water guns, shaving cream tables, sprinklers, and a kiddie pool filled with water and marbles. That last station was interesting and quite frankly, weird. The kids sat on chairs around the pool and picked up the marbles with their toes and dropped them into a bucket. (Although, too bad Dad wasn't there. He would have excelled at that activity!)
Anyway, I was helping to set up outside with some other mommies and missed the sunscreen application extravaganza inside. I ALWAYS put on sunscreen. I go for the pasty white look in the summer. It's my color. Seriously.
I think you know where this is headed. I just completely forgot. It was partly cloudy, just enough not to be miserable, plus getting wet from all the water being thrown around, I just. didn't. realize. It's really not that bad. I'm just a big baby when my arms, tops of feet and neck are on FIRE.

Now, wasn't this an exciting post??


I have pictures to post, pictures to mail out (school pics), thank you letters sitting here, gifts to send............I'm so behind but I'll catch up this weekend and get back on track. Thanks for everyone's understanding. I do appreciate all that you do and I hope to let everyone know it in a more timely manner!!

No comments: