Thursday, October 7, 2010

Still can't find it

......the cord I need to put up pictures. I think this happens once a year. Highly annoying.

Kid stories:

I like hearing about the 'behavior modification' systems that the teachers use to rein in the chaos. HZ's class has the "stick in the can" system. They all have a can with their name on it. When they are bad, they have to grab a Popsicle stick from the teacher's desk and put it in the can. The first two sticks are warnings and the third stick means you get a note home. I eat with the kids every Friday and how many sticks you have in the can is common talk at the 1st grade table.

A. has the 'frog system'. All of the children have a picture of a frog with their name on it. If your frog moves down, then you're in trouble. I frequently hear about which friends have had their 'frog moved'. A, said that she has never ever had her frog moved. (:

1 comment:

rgmsr said...

"Still Can't find it'...welcome to my world LM. Altho usually I find it in the last place I look.

As far as school goes, I recall walking 1 1/2 miles in snow...up hill, both ways, sometimes with a pebble in my shoe that felt like a boulder. I guess the teachers then thought that was punishment enough.

As far as the frog goes...mine doesn't move much either. Most mornings I find him in my throat...'cept when he doesn't want to walk to school;)