Wednesday, April 16, 2008

kid conversations and preschool update


So, I passed by Hayden's room early this morning. Both kids were just chatting away. Hayden remarked, "Oh hi mom. We're just talking about the Chinese New Year".
He has been coming up with the funniest things to say.
Another example is that he has to let everyone know that he lives in Texas. He doesn't understand yet the difference between cities and states and throws out the phrase "I live in Texas" like it's a natural conversation piece by which to build common ground with a new friend.

Hayden has had a fun week at preschool. He was "snack helper" on Tuesday which meant that he had the privilege of sitting in the bean bag chair during circle time. Tomorrow, Hayden is excited about making butter in his class.

Aubin has been busy making pretend fruit salad out of play gravel with her friend Clair. Piper, Aubin's nemesis (quite akin to Seinfeld's Newman), was absent today so all was smooth sailing for the day. Tomorrow is music class, but she said that she's going to be too tired to sing.

PS.....Hayden took the picture in this post.........didn't he do a great job!

1 comment:

rgmsr said...

Good job Hayden! Aw...C'mon...you used a tripod!...right?

Special chair at school...boy, some great memories. Altho somewhat fuzzy, as I recall, mine wasn't 'cushy' bean bag. More like a stool. It faced the corner...a degrading conical cap was in there... Okay, maybe not so great.

I hope Aubin's finger is better.