Friday, April 25, 2008

Slip and Slide




I tried to update the blog last night, but we had some rough weather and needed to turn the computer off. There were 5 tornado sightings an hour north of us with baseball size hail. Luckily, the storm diminished a great deal by the time it reached us. Anyway, back to the slip and slide!
The kids didn't get the concept at first, but caught on after I showed them how. (I cringed and just went for it. I ignored the "CAUTION! not for adult use" warning......true, not as much fun at 32!) Little Aubin didn't have enough mass or speed to propel her forward (F=ma)!, so she would "army crawl" to the end of the slide and say "I did it! I did it! I made it to dee end!" Hayden had the most hilarious faces on each attempt.

I had forgotten all of the mishaps that always seem to happen with this toy. The classic "banana peel" slip, the unintentional "splits", the pool of mud at the beginning and end of the slide. Ah, good times.

No comments: