Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Garden talk

Our peas and radishes are coming up nicely. AND I have one surviving baby lettuce seedling...more like a bonsai version of a lettuce head....I don't think it's getting enough sunlight. Oh well. Barbie can enjoy a nice salad in her new dollhouse. I'm excited about our citrus trees though. I got a thornless Mexican lime tree and a Meyer lemon tree on clearance at our local nursery. They make great container plants in our area. They both have a ton of blossoms and the lime tree has set a few fruit. I think the Meyer lemons will be ready in June and then again in December.
I like how if you break a small twig on the Meyer, it smells just like fruit loops.
I took the picture of the limes, but not of the Meyers. I wanted to show you how incredibly productive container trees can be around here.

3 comments:

katydavis said...

I love Lime-aids.......do you think limes would make it in the mail????

Amanda said...

I was thinking big girl drinks. lol

They look great!!

LM said...

Yeah, I was thinking about mojitos (with home grown mint) or a key lime pie. I'll bring you guys some!