Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year

First of all, many thanks to Grandma for a nice visit. The kids were sick (Aubin had weird breathing issues and then Hayden fell ill) so not too many pictures were taken. ): We made the most of our time together, though!
Hayden took a shine to Grandma and was playing with her in the living room one day. He looked at her and asked in all seriousness, "So, do you have any kids?" That got a chuckle out of us.

The kids were doing better yesterday so Rick and I decided to take the kids canoeing today.The weather was near 80 degrees and beautiful. Good times! Afterwards, we hit a new joint called the "Cookie Lounge". You order any cookie you want and they make it fresh on the spot. We were not disappointed! The kids had an M&M cookie, Dad-oatmeal butterscotch, me-75%dark chocolate, dried cherry, and pecan. (Yow-zah!)
Tomorrow's adventures? Donuts and a farmer's market. So much for '09's eating resolutions!





2 comments:

lil' mama said...

Thanks for the Christmas card and pics (nice walk down memory lane). The pic of you and Aubin is gorgeous!
I would love, love, love to go to the cookie lounge:) yummmmmm

LM said...

You are welcome, and I loved YOUR uber-cool Christmas card! Hayden snapped the picture of Aubin & moi. I'll gladly take you to the cookie lunge anytime. Come on over! ( :