Sunday, February 21, 2010

Wheels of change

Guest blogger R here - kids are down and weekend was so busy I volunteered to do the post so L could catch up on her Calculus. Plus gives me a chance to be a proud papa. First, on Saturday L had birthday party duty with H @ Chuck E. Cheese's. I couldn't take him. You see, several years ago, I took H to a party @ Chuck's and H was not so fond of the giant rodent. The party ended with me crawling up into the highest part of the playscape to fetch H. On that day, I made a promise to H that I would never take him to CEC again - and I am glad to keep that promise. Anyhow, times have changed and he had a great time at the Party. In the meantime, A and I hit the town - and her activity choices included : Japanese food (well, mac & cheese @ a japanese food place), going to a new 'jumpy place' (see previous posts), and practicing her bike riding at the track. Well, Saturday was her first 'solo sans training wheels' and she did great!


BTW, at this point she had ridden about a mile and I was running along side her for most of it - holding a camera and trying to keep her steady - that's why I am so winded - not because I'm so out of shape....I digress...Anyhow, A is very happy with the fact that Mommy and Daddy couldn't ride their bikes w/o training wheels at 5 years old.

Also, the previous week H got a note home from the school that made me proud. He is only in kindergarten and working on the 'eat so much candy they send you home' scheme. Unfortunately the nurse was far too seasoned for his ruse and he was back in class inside of 15-minutes.

1 comment:

rgmsr said...

Good Job A! Yep, as I recall your Dad was either an old 7 or a young 8...if memory serves...which may be in question.

WOW...I haven't heard that much panting since...Nevermind, Family site.

Where were the astute nurses thirtyfive years ago?