Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Wild West Wednesday




I've been taking the kids to the public library on Wednesday afternoons. I find that it's nice to switch out the books they have in their bedroom bookshelves on a weekly basis. Afterwords we usually hit Sonic 'happy hour' for slushes, but today it was so cold and rainy that I took them to the coffee shop next door to the library. LOVE that place. As you can see in the second picture, they have a small area with toys to keep the kids occupied while you wait. Sweet.

Two British ladies run the place and I was chatting with one of them about the building. She says the store is definitely haunted. It was built in 1904 and was originally a pharmacy downstairs with two rooms upstairs for a physician and a dentist. The owner told me that she swears she saw a lady in a green early-20th century dress run across the floor and told me the other owner heard children laughing early one morning when she was by herself.
Creepy.

3 comments:

lil' mama said...

Haunted or not, that place looks very cozy!

rgmsr said...

WOW! It appears there is an apparition just across from your....latte? But it is just my Noops!

Stuff of goosebumps! Why, the last time I had... Nevermind, I sometimes forget this a PG site. Anyway, good George Noory stuff!

LM said...

Oh yeah, she does look like a ghost! So does the latte-lady walking across the floor.
You're funny.
Had to wikipedia Noory. Don't get 'fragged out', man.