Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fool's Day blue plate special





On the menu: Grilled cheese and fish sticks. Actually, it was toasted Sara Lee pound cake with icing for the "cheese" and sugar wafers coated in peanut butter then rolled in crushed cornflakes. As soon as the kids felt the food they knew something was up! A. was NOT happy with me and ran out of the room crying that I 'tricked' her. HZ thought it was funny and liked his "grilled cheese".

I am so glad that today is close to being over because both kids have been driving us crazy since 5pm yesterday. HZ put on his school clothes instead of pajamas in honor of 'it's ALMOST April fools day' and both kids ran downstairs after we put them to bed only to be caught switching cereal bags into different cereal boxes (a tip HZ learned from Highlights magazine). A. has been saying "Good night" and "Happy Valentine's Day!" since she woke up this morning to EVERYONE who will listen. ( :
Also, I should add that this morning Daddy-O put out the snoopy snow cone machine with a sign that said "Breakfast" to the delight of HZ and A.
So, to end this day I had to get in on the April Fool's action!

1 comment:

lil' mama said...

Whoa. Your kids are hard core April foolers!! So sad to read that A was upset by the fun food trick.