
HZ came home with a permission slip to try out for the school talent show that would be at the end of May. He wants to tell jokes like a stand up comedian! He loved speaking at his program and is itching to do it again. (Rick and I were laughing because he's only 6!)
I caught him standing on his bed going over his joke 'routine' and when I walked into his room he laughed, pretended to hit his 'mike' and said 'Is this thing on???' I swear to you, he really said that..but only b/c Rick and I were talking and laughing about that line at dinner. We also taught him to say, "Hey, thanks! I'm here all week!"
Here are his favorite two jokes: "What did the leopard say in the shower?" ---"Ahhhhh, that really hits the spot!"
"Knock knock" (who's there) "Doris" (Doris who?) "Door-is closed, that's why I'm knocking!"
Aside from his stand up comic aspirations, I do have to tell this funny story.
Today we got him his first, ahem....'cup' for karate. He thought it was the greatest thing ever. So, he puts on his karate outfit (complete with cup) and then asks me to say "Hey, kid you don't have any karate tools!" (I'm thinking tools meant helmet, or gloves or something) And after I played along and said it, he then replied, "Sure I do! (2 knocks on the crotch), Right here.
(:
No comments:
Post a Comment