Monday, August 25, 2008

3 year old processing skills


Aubin handed me a pre-k flash card and said, "Excuse me, excuse me mom, but my pet alligator has an appointment now." (I've been shelling out the insurance card all day today, hence the flash card I suppose.) We pretended it had its tonsils out. Notice the "dress" and pony tail holder as an urban chic necklace. Nice touch Aubin! Pet alligators need their accessories.
I told Aubin that she is going to have surgery where she goes to sleep and might have a sore throat and hard time talking when she wakes up. (I wanted to be honest and prepare her but not scare her at the same time.) She said, "Oh! You mean I can't talk like the Little Mermaid at Nana's house?" Yes, exactly.

2 comments:

lil' mama said...

Sending you warm thoughts and wishes. Make sure you have the Little Mermaid video handy for Aubin to watch post surgery. Glad the Dr is on top of things and wanting to get it done...

Stone Family said...

Hope she is okay. When will it stop raining??