We just finished eating pizza when I took this picture, so he's a little messy but look how shiny his teeth are! We went to a pediatric dentist for a checkup and it was a wonderful experience. No dental chair, no yucky toothpaste. They had Hayden sit on my lap in a regular chair away from the traditional dental set-up area. They brushed his teeth with a plain toothbrush, looked in his mouth for cavities, and applied a fluoride "paint" to his teeth. The dentist did GREAT at managing potential meltdowns with H. She said that we will work up to the dental chair someday and for now his teeth look great. Whew. I think he inherited my chomppers ...I've never had a cavity! (At my last dental appointment the dentist was surprised by that fact and said my teeth were like the Aboriginals of Australia (really!) ....hmmmmm...I suppose I should have known somewhere deep down what Bindi meant!)
Anyway, I digress. Good job today, Hayden!
Update on Aubin.
Aubin is set for surgery on Thursday morning at 10:30. She should be able to come home that day unless there is a lot of bleeding, which shouldn't be the case. The first 48 hours are the worst of the throat pain, then it gets better until day 4-6 when there is a second "peak" of pain. (This is from the ENT post-op instructions.) It'll be a rough first week, but hopefully she'll begin to feel better quickly after that.
No comments:
Post a Comment