Thursday, August 28, 2008

Aubin's surgery

We are back home and Aubin is watching Cinderella as we speak. The doctor said that he was surprised to find a large abscess behind her tonsils. He cleaned it all out and removed everything as planned. It was a good thing we had the surgery as soon as we did because in a months time it would have spread and we would have had something very bad on our hands. He said he was also surprised that she was doing as well as she had been up to this point. So, thank goodness that everything worked out like it did.

The hospital and doctors were great. They gave her medicine so that she was completely relaxed when they took her back. (Nice way of saying she was stoned out of her mind. She was laughing at a dancing fish on TV when they wheeled her away.) No screaming or trauma there. Recovery room was a different story. It was an hour of her screaming, crying and trying to get away. She pulled out her IV when we got there. She looked at me and her first words were "Doctor. hurt. me." I was a mess. I almost did a heave-ho and fainted, so the nurse was bringing ME the sodas and jello while Rick was attempting to calm down both of his girls. Ugh. But, we all made it through and Aubin began feeling better once the anesthesia wore off and had some Tylenol with codeine in her system.

That's the update. Feel free to call anytime. Phones upstairs are off. If we don't answer, we'll call as soon as we can. Thank you for all of your prayers and well wishes.
Love,
LM

6 comments:

katydavis said...

I teared up at the "doctor hurt me". I'm glad it's over and the mending can begin. Call whenever, no matter what time:) Love you guys.

LM said...

oh yeah, I just remembered that the doctor said the abscess was right by the carotid artery. That doesn't sound good does it? I don't even want to think about what could have been. I'm glad it's over, too.

Patricia said...

would it help to know that AK.. thought "she would never be happy again" after receiving 4 stitches in her 4 yr old finger nail?.. they are SOOOO sad when they are hurt!!..{and sooo dramatic!!!}.. I am sure that Aunt K grew up to have many happy moments and so will sweet Aubin.. take care..glad you all are on the mend..Ricky..great job.. i am so proud of your parenting skills as well..much love to all.. mom p

lil' mama said...

Glad everyone's home and hopefully snug as a bug in bed. Enjoy movie watching...:)

Jackster said...

I am happy to see that Aubin is recovering nicely! Thank God about that Abcess! Wow!
What a trooper!

Good work, all! Have some wine Lacy! You deserve it!

LM said...

Thanks everyone...lil mama, KD, Grandma Miles, Uncle Jack, Kem.