

This picture was so fun to take! I was playing around with the macro function of my camera and was able to catch this bee picking up pollen from a prickly pear cactus and taking off.It was tricky to focus on such a small subject! I wish I could attribute it to my emerging photography skills, but I just got lucky.
It's amazing to think all of what you see is actually on a roof top of a building in downtown Austin. Whole Foods headquarters is an amazing place! We usually go on Friday mornings. We almost always have the place to ourselves for at least a little bit.
In other news, Hayden and Aubin finished up pre-school for the year on Thursday. Although it's only been one day, he's already talking about his friend Hannah. I call her "tall tale Hannah". She had told him that popcorn was really a bunch of eggs with baby birds inside and that lady bugs don't like boys. Hayden was busy sorting all of that out with mom's help this morning.
Hayden will have the same teacher next year and Aubin will have our neighbor's sister for her teacher. They are excited about going back in the fall, but ready for their summer activities! We've signed them up for gymnastics classes starting June 4th. I think they'll enjoy it. Of course they can't WAIT for the pools to open. We have wonderful pool facilities here with "zero entry" (beach style) for the young children. Perfect for us.
1 comment:
Whew!...Where to begin? I've been out of the loop! Oh well at least I still had my shirt when I left LV.
Nice shot of apis mellifera. I'm glad there are some left around. This year I was amazed when I walked the soccer fields at Fort Niagara. Usually there is a flurry of activity with all the dandelions out. This year...nothin! So thats the buzz, or lack of, on that.
Gynastics will be fun. The Hutt girls (Fran's grandaughters) sing a song which includes doing the forward roll, etc.
Post a Comment