Friday, July 18, 2008

Massive

That's the adjective the doctor used to describe Aubin's tonsils today. She has had a hard time breathing at night and sounds awful. Her passages are very swollen from allergies even though she is on Nasonex and Zyrtec. The doctor said that he wouldn't be surprised if she needed her tonsils/adenoids taken out. He put her on Singulair in addition to the other meds as a last ditch effort before sending us on to the ENT (ear, nose, throat dr.). I hope beyond hope it works. I do NOT want the image of my little Aubin in a hospital bed as a blog moment. Tomorrow I am going to Howard Hughes-ify her bedroom complete with allergy friendly sheets & air filter. Probably won't help, but I've got to try and do something!
I'm behind on my email replies and comments, so sorry everyone! I'll get to it soon. Getting ready for our garage sale tomorrow....and obsessively checking on Aubin every 5 minutes.

-LM

3 comments:

lil' mama said...

Sending prayers your way!

rgmsr said...

Aubin may have gotten her eyes and nose from her father but the tonsil part may be from me. Finally had to have them removed. Sorry Aubin! I hope you are feeling better.

LM said...

Thanks, lil'mama....

Don't worry rgmsr, I had my tonsils out at 5, Ricky did too. I think she's getting it from all sides, unfortunately. Did you recently have your tonsils out? Yikes! I hear it's very painful for adults.