Monday, June 9, 2008

Danskin

Yesterday was the annual Danskin Triathlon here in Austin (1/2 mile swim, 12 mile bike, 3 mile run). I was a little sad because I couldn't do it this year. I did it for the first time 9 months after Hayden was born. I had a post-baby body and the 'what-do-I-do-with-my-life-now' momma drama going on. I am highly UN-athletic and rate a 3 on a 1-10 scale for P.E. type talents. So, trying a triathlon was CRAZY. (Did I mention that I didn't know how to swim beyond doing the "dog paddle"?) I signed up for a 10 week training group and it ended up being loads of fun. I highly recommend doing something that you think you can't do. (Wow--there's a little public service announcement for you! Hey, the more you know!)
Yes, math fans, Hayden and Aubin are 17 1/2 months a part in age. Which puts me at about 1 month pregnant with Aubin in these photos. (Didn't know it yet of course.....no wonder I craved fajitas with grilled onions afterwards.....I hated onions all my life until that day....go figure.) Here are pics from my first Danskin:



Sea of swim caps! (Each color represents a "wave" of appx. 25 people.




My pink cap wave...waves go at 3 minute intervals to avoid confusion and chaos. Poor husbands, it's like "Where's waldo" out there trying to find your wife.







"Transition area"...this is grand central station, basically. This is where you grab your bike and rack it again before the run. The red towel over the bike marks my "spot".





!!!!!!!!Happy Birthday to Nanna!!!!!!!!!

No comments: