Confession time.
Exasperation. It happens! And when it does, I'm known to let out a "Dang it!" Here or there under my breath. I KNOW!!!! Can that be ANY more of a hick-ville phrase???? (Linguistic residuals of my time in Arkansas I suppose........kidding, Ark. friends & fam.!) The phrase sort of runs together, with the first part punctuated....so, it sort of sounds like "DAne-it". At least that's what it sounds like to me! We've been overhearing Hayden playing or taking a part something (future posting about that) and saying "David!" Rick figured out Hayden's enigmatic name calling....boy, am I red with embarrassment!
Speaking of Hayden, he's sick this evening with a fever, sore throat, congestion, etc...... He's already been up three times in misery, poor thing. Get better soon, Hayden.....spider walks, donkey kicks, and cartwheels are in 36 hours!
3 comments:
How is Hayden? Is anyone else sick? Get better soon!
REPENT NOW! No seriously. Reminds me of a story my mother used to relate...more than once. When they lived at Fort Niagara and my brother Tom was small. He was playing with 'roughneck' kids and began saying 'sun-of-bix'. Ah...the taste of soap-in-the-mouth.
I hope Hayden and Aubin are feeling better. Did they miss gymnastics?
Hayden was feeling better and Aubin wasn't sick yet, so I took them to gymnastics. They had a great time. Too bad I unknowingly sent Typhoid Mary!
Post a Comment