

We went to a family get together at my mom's house on Saturday. We had fun eating, visiting and playing in the big backyard. Watching Aubin play football with Granddad reminded me of doing similar things with him when I was a kid. That's me on the motorcycle with him circa 1980. He and my Grandmother rode up to central Arkansas from Austin, TX. How cool is that? Grandparents riding up to your doorstep in a motorcycle! (Speaking of his "cool" factor, his 1988 Terlingua World Champion chili recipe was printed in Maxim last year in the list of "manly foods".)
Anyway- the kids, Rick, and I immensely enjoy his company when he's in town.
On a random, completely unrelated note, I stepped on a SNAKE today! Pretty sure it was an Eastern Yellow Belly Racer. http://www.austinreptileservice.net/solid.html
(Link for your enjoyment)
I was gathering yesterday's water from the kiddie pool to drench the garden when I felt my sneaker squish on something that was frantically moving ......(pause).........SCREAM!..........uncoiled the 2-3 foot snake that slid away to the neighbor's yard. Too bad it was 9 am, I could of used a little "mommy juice" right then.
2 comments:
WHOA! A disturbing revelation. I would've thought the pre nup would have disclosed LM's 'biker chick' background. Not a deal breaker but certainly reason to 'up the dowry'. No, that is a neat photo...good for Grandpa.
A snake!? I'll think about bringing Apollo on my next visit...if I don't fly. Altho he is more of an indoor falcon perhaps...
Lets all get some ZZZ's tonite. Aunt K's birthday and Gymnastics are tomorrow!
Bringing Apollo on your next visit is a must..... (:
Post a Comment