Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Hayden pictures








Hayden woke up at 5:00 am this morning with a nightmare about "Icarus". He was upset that his wings melted. (Sometimes we listen to "Between the Lions" CD's that came in Chick-fil-a kids meals last summer - Greek mythology was one disc.) He calmed down, but was ready for the day and put on his Spiderman costume from last Halloween. (Why? ....Well, apparently a full body polyester suit on a 100 degree Texas day makes perfect sense to a 4 1/2 year old. ) And what did Spiderman do today? Well climbed walls, of course. Including the wall of the bathroom where he used the towel rack to help his climbing super-powers. (Do you see where this is going yet?). Yep, I heard a crash from around the corner. Now there is a nice big hole in our wall. ) : The day turned around after he had a little cat nap and was all smiles when dad got home. We went on picture walk this evening and we both had a lot of fun. Tomorrow is gymnastics day and both kiddos are excited.

3 comments:

rgmsr said...

Hayden is getting bigger. I guess he is fascinated by Spidey, like his Dad. As I recall, we only sprung for the mask. He may want to put something on his feet. My fav is Achilles, greatest warrior among the Greeks At Troy. His mother, Thetis, dipped him into the river Styx to make his body invulnerable. However, she held him by the heel(not protected). Later killed by Paris by an arrow to the heel. In school we read 'Mythology' by Edith Hamilton. She died in the 60's but it still sets the standard.

LM said...

Hayden's terrible two tantrums reminded me of Achilles' wrath in the Iliad: "Sing, goddess, the anger of Rick's son Hayden and its devastation, which put pains thousandfold upon the Texans....."

I don't think I've read Hamilton's book, I'm going to get it.

Kara said...

The mythology knowledge is impressive!
Lacy, I love the blog!
That pic of Rick and Hayden is awesome!