We took Dad to the zoo yesterday. Hot, but fun. Here's a picture of the Lory's. You can feed them small containers of nectar. Look at Hayden feeding the birds! One Lory decided to give Rick a little smooch.
Smooch you say? When magnified it appears the bird has a tick in his beak...engorged at that! (nectar vs. engor. tick...go figure!) I wish I could get Apollo to eat from a small cup. Usually I toss him a small rodent which he grabs with his talons. Sometimes I try the 'minnow' routine but unlike AK he is not that fond of pickles.
3 comments:
He was actually eating the bugs out of my hair.
hey, we have that exhibit in lr now. the kids love getting in their with the birds
kd
Smooch you say? When magnified it appears the bird has a tick in his beak...engorged at that! (nectar vs. engor. tick...go figure!) I wish I could get Apollo to eat from a small cup. Usually I toss him a small rodent which he grabs with his talons. Sometimes I try the 'minnow' routine but unlike AK he is not that fond of pickles.
Post a Comment